Use hard science and your specific needs to hire the right candidate for your team. Candidate Assessments provide a detailed look at the candidate's fit based on their Unique Strengths Quiz answers and the configured FitScore Formula.
The FitScore Formula helps in identifying what candidates best fit with your team and needs. It is used to determine what the candidate's quiz results will be compared to such as another team member or a specific personality trait.
To see a quick preview of Candidate Assessments and the FitScore Formula features of Good&Co Pro, please watch the video below:
Note: For more information, please see the sections below and these blog posts:
- The Recipe for a Truly Effective Team
- 5 Common Culture Fit Misconceptions
- Work Enemies: What Can Managers Do To Prevent Relationships Turning Sour?
Candidate assessments are an easy-to-use feature for viewing, managing, and evaluating potential candidates.
Multiple assessments may be created and managed at the same time within Good&Co Pro. The screen below shows a team with active and archived assessments.
Once an assessment has been created, candidates may be invited to sign up and take the Unique Strengths Quiz. The results of this quiz are used in conjunction with the FitScore Formula (see next section), to determine the individuals fit.
As candidates sign up and take the quiz, their information will be displayed within the Candidate FitScore Dashboard. Each candidate is given a FitScore based on their answers and the FitScore Formula configuration.
The FitScore Formula makes it easier to determine how a candidate fits with defined criteria such as a selected team member, role template, personality trait, or specific team need.
This formula is configured when creating an assessment and can be modified at any time. As candidates take the assessment, their ranking will be displayed to show how they fit to what is configured here.
The formula configuration is broken down into 5 sections, which can be used together or separately to check the candidate's fit with the following:
- Fit to Individual Member - Consider candidates that are most similar to the manager or your top performing team member.
- Role Template - Choose from a library of ready-made profiles or a PerfectProfile. These are tailored profiles that can be used when hiring for a specific position. For example, if the candidate is applying to be an Aircraft Mechanic, then this option ensures they are a good fit for the chosen profile.
- Team Diversity - A candidate may need to think very similar or different from the current team. This formula option may be used to check fit based on how similar or different the candidate thinking style should be.
- Traits - Recruit candidates offering a specific trait such as Inventive or Meticulous. If a candidate has the selected trait, their FitScore will be higher.
- Resolve Problem Area - This formula option will not be available until the Team Wellness Quiz has been taken. Once the quiz has been taken, you will be aware of the problem areas that require work within your team. This formula option may be used to check fit for improving or resolving a problem area within the team.
After creating the assessment and defining the FitScore Formula, candidates will need to be invited to take their Unique Strengths Quiz. These answers combined with the formula configurations are used to determine each candidates FitScore.
A FitScore helps you gauge how compatible the candidate's personality is with other team members and specific hiring needs. Candidates with a higher FitScore are more compatible for the position.