To see a quick preview of Team Engagement Surveys, please watch the video provided below:
Note: Please see the sections below to learn more about engagement surveys.
Engagement Survey Basics
Engagement Surveys are designed to help you keep track of the engagement levels of your team and provide insight into areas where improvements can be made. These surveys evaluate team engagement based on 6 key categories.
The following is possible depending on your assigned role within Good&Co Pro:
- Team Admins - Have the ability to access and control the quiz process such as enabling surveys when no team leader exists for the team.
- Team Leader - Helps in identifying problems within the team using core factors of engagement around the team's morale and level of commitment. Team engagement surveys can reduce high turn around and help the team become more productive.
- Team Members - Helps team members identify their own level of engagement, areas they could improve or address with their manager, and see how the rest of the team feels compared to themselves in order for the member to keep a pulse on the rest of the team.
When Team Engagement Surveys are enabled, 30 baseline questions are provided in a survey to create a starting point. Each of the 6 key categories has 5 questions that are completed all at once during the baseline survey.
Surveys are then given on Monday of each week. The weekly survey contains 1 question from each category. Each of the 5 questions for a category are rotated to ensure a different question is asked each week.
Baseline Engagement Survey
The Baseline Engagement Survey contains 30 questions divided into the following 6 team engagement factors:
- Commitment - This is the members commitment to the team including if they feel fulfilled working on the team and if they would recommend being part of the team to others.
- Confidence - Confidence in the product, leadership of the company, and company’s future success. This includes whether or not the team member believes the team is in a strong position to succeed, if they have confidence in the current leadership, and if resources are directly appropriately toward team goals.
- Support and Recognition - Appropriate positive and negative feedback and support. Does the team member feel they are receiving useful feedback about their performance on the team, if they feel their performance is being fairly evaluated, and if they are receiving the appropriate recognition.
- Workplace Balance - A good level of work-life balance, and appropriate benefits of employment. This includes believing that the workload balance is fair, they are able to arrange time off if needed, and their involvement within team decisions.
- Career Development - Appropriate opportunities for career growth and personal learning. This includes whether or not the team member believes they have access to essential tools and resources for their job, if good career opportunities are available, and if being a part of the team delivers growth opportunities for them.
- Ownership and Empowerment - Having the resources and necessary authority to do their job well. This includes having the resources available to effectively perform their job, knowing what needs to be done for their role, and how systems and processes support job effectiveness.
An invite to this survey is sent as an email to each team member after Engagement Surveys has been enabled. Questions are answered using a color-coded rating system, as shown below:
This survey is given once to each team member to gather initial data. This data is then compared to the results of each weekly survey to deliver helpful information about the team's engagement level.
A Weekly Survey is sent to each team member on Monday of each week. This quiz contains 1 question for each engagement area (commitment, workplace balance, etc.). Questions are rotated each week for the category.
Team members will receive an email for taking the weekly survey on Monday of each week. Each survey has a color coded answer key that corresponds to the following answer choices:
- Strongly Agree
- Strongly Disagree
After all questions have been answered, the team member can submit the quiz. Once the quiz has been submitted and closed, the results will be available for viewing within Good&Co Pro.
As part of the quiz results, you will be able to see the overall engagement level of your team and for each key category.
Additional survey information may be viewed for a specific category by clicking on it within the results.
As weekly engagement surveys are consistently taken, you will also be able to view a trends graph for monitoring the team's engagement level over time.
This information may be used to initiate actions to improve engagement in one or more key categories and to achieve specific business goals.
For more information, please see the following pages:
- Employee Engagement Surveys
- Enabling Team Engagement Surveys
- Disabling Team Engagement Surveys
- Completing the Baseline Survey
- Completing the Weekly Survey